POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save Always = for now : Re: Save Always = for now Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Save Always = for now
From: Jonathan Wooldridge
Date: 18 Jun 2002 19:34:42
Message: <3d0fc392$1@news.povray.org>

> > Doesn't it seem counter-intuitive to you to press "don't ask again" and
be
> > asked again?
>
> Perhaps. But my experience with supporting POV-Ray for so many years shows
me
> that no matter how we word the warning, someone somewhere won't pay
attention
> and will then complain to us.
>
> I will, however, alter the wording of the dialog to say "don't ask again
this
> session", so it is clear that this is intentional.
>
> -- Chris

It's too bad the forces at work are competetive between Coders and Users. By
which I mean that an improvement penalizes one of the two players. I am
saddened that there is no recourse to this.

Is it possible to improve the product? By which I mean that both the Coders
and the Users suffer less? This would be a genuine improvement.